The Best Neighborhoods In NYC To Live In
When it comes to determining the best neighborhoods in NYC to live in, there are many excellent options and lots of factors to consider. No matter your reasons for moving to the Big Apple, you’ll want to feel safe and comfortable in your neighborhood, and have plenty of options for entertainment. In the city that never sleeps, it’s important to find a good neighborhood that makes you feel secure in your exciting new home.
We’ve compiled a list of the most loved neighborhoods in New York and some up-and-coming ones that are great for students and members of the younger generation who are looking to establish themselves in a new city.
Good Neighborhoods in New York
Everyone wants to know what the good neighborhoods in New York are. If you’re packing up to move to New York City for the first time ever, this list will help you find them.
- Washington Heights. Located in Upper Manhattan above Harlem, Washington Heights is known for delicious Dominican food and exciting nightlife. The apartments in Washington Heights are fairly priced to attract new residents, but the neighborhood is pretty small so it still has an intimate vibe.
- Tribeca. Tribeca has always been one of the best places to live in New York City and the prices of apartments reflect that. However, there are more apartments on the lower end of the rent range right now. It’s a great time to get an apartment in Tribeca if you’re moving to New York City.
- Chelsea. Chelsea is one of the most welcoming parts of NYC. What was one called home by many immigrants is now an area with a thriving LGBTQ+ community, art galleries, and nightclubs.
- Hudson Yards. If you’re looking for a neighborhood with some of the best places to eat in NYC, look no further than Hudson Yards. This neighborhood is peppered with high-end restaurants that have been opened by world-renowned chefs! There is also great shopping and a subway station that will take you to any other part of the city.
Up And Coming Neighborhoods In NYC
In addition to the great neighborhoods above, there are certain areas that are attracting recent attention. These areas are just starting to grow and become popular, so it’s a great time to get in – before rent prices start going up!
- Bushwick. Bushwick is known as a “hipster” area of Brooklyn (although some might argue that all of Brooklyn is “hipster”). This is the perfect spot in NYC for young artists and creatives who are looking to flourish. While working on your career, you will have some of the best vintage stores, coffee shops, cocktail bars, and galleries to choose from.
- Astoria. Astoria is located in Queens, but you can still see Manhattan. Astoria has quickly become a popular neighborhood in NYC. Although the borough is separate from Manhattan, the commute is easy. It’s a great time to get into Astoria because rent prices are rising every year.
- Greenpoint. Greenpoint is pretty far from Manhattan and has a low-key vibe that people who prefer the suburbs love. The city life isn’t for everyone, but Greenpoint makes it accessible to those who want to live in NYC for school, work, or play. There are thousands of new apartments coming to Greenpoint, so it’s the perfect time to make your move.
Hire Bennett Movers for Your Move to NYC
Bennett Movers are one of NY’s leading professional moving and eviction companies. We are ready to help you pack up your current home, safely transport your belongings, and get them all unpacked in the big city.
Give us a call today to get a free quote and learn more about what we do for New York residents.